Hairy Ticks of Dune

There's only room enough in this stillsuit for one of us! ... Wait, come back!

Friday, May 25, 2007

The New, Improved Paul Atreides! Now 100% More Absorbant!

Oh, how do you mend
a broken hea-a-art?


Well, if you're the new Paul Atreides, you just set your mind to it and you can repair all the damaged cells.

And how can he do these things?

Because he IS the Kwisatz Haderach!


Just not the one Omnius wants. But why worry over the small details. These hack authors certainly don't!

Oh...and the best part? The part that will have the Brawny Man as green as the Jolly Green Giant with envy?

The way he can reabsorb all the blood that leaked out of the hole in his heart and onto the floor BACK into his body.

I've got a hole in my heart right now, too. And it bleeds for what these idiots have done to Dune.

Unforgivable.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh really, hmmmm interesting... So when is this infamous podcast going to be available?

12:25 PM, May 29, 2007 
Blogger SandChigger said...

Possibly as early as a week from this Friday.

Stay tuned. :)

8:00 PM, May 29, 2007 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shall we shred to pieces the new excerpt from USAToday? :)

I posted some over at Arakeen. Not much can be said over on dunenovels without Byron's editing finger gettin' all twitchy!

2:00 PM, May 30, 2007 
Blogger weaksauce said...

Hi Chigger, I don't post much at the forums but I always read what you guys all have to say about Brian and Kevin's work because I have yet to read it and also because even prior to reading it and prior to seeing you and your peers responses I suspected they would be horrible.

I bought the Hunters of Dune book recently but am currently finishing Heretics again before I read it but I have read the preview chapters for Sandworms just to see what the hooplah is about and good grief I can see in just a few glimpses why you guys complain.

The USA today excerpt is terrible, the characterizations of Jessica are mildly accurate but just horrible written (worrying at her problems like a loose tooth? wtf?) and the language in general just annoys the hell out of me.

I also can already see the repetition you guys have poked fun at in the the chapter you transcribed and have been posted in that tehy explain about Alia and the abominations, the fact that everyone is a ghola, what gholas are currently baking in the oven, etc etc.

Anyways figured I'd say hello, I read your blog just never comment and I don't say much on the official forum cause I have a horrible conscience and would feel too bad about openly picking apart the preleased chapters in front of Byron.

11:52 AM, June 05, 2007 
Blogger weaksauce said...

Oh and apologies now for poor grammar or spelling, I typed that up rather quick.

And I made it a bit confusing, I meant the bit with Waff in chapter four was horrible, and the part that you put up with the Jessica bit from chapter two was terrible.

Also I know someone else said it but using "cinnamony" was just ridiculous.

3:42 PM, June 05, 2007 
Blogger SandChigger said...

Hi, Weaksauce!

Welcome and thanks for commenting.

I've run out of words, today.

And the rest is silence.... ;)

3:56 AM, June 06, 2007 

Post a Comment

<< Home