Hairy Ticks of Dune

There's only room enough in this stillsuit for one of us! ... Wait, come back!

Thursday, May 10, 2007

We interrupt our regularly scheduled pogrom!

It's here.

At last.

The long-awaited...(wait for it!)...audio file of Kevin J. Anderson reading the first chapter of Sandworms of Dune!

Hoo, boy.

Took a while to download (8.5 MB...or as KJA puts it 8500 KB), but WELL worth every millisecond. Oh yes, indeedy.

I'll be transcribing it this evening once I return to Sietch (that's pronounced "sitch" "sih-yetch", by the way, as in "What the f**k is these guy's sitch?!", not "seetch" or "see-ehtch") Tigr tonight. Since I don't want TORkyomada and the Spanish Inquisition coming after me, I won't be publishing any direct quotes, but do expect a few salvos over the bow, dear friends.

After an initial half-listen, here's a preliminary impression: Too much recap.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I continue to be stumped by the concept of deliberately trying to make Alia preborn. Why the hell would Sheeana do that? She knows it will likely result in the posession, just as the first Alia did. I don't get that at all or see how it will benefit the BG. Why do it at exactly the same fetal development stage as when Jessica took the WoL originally? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me either.

7:45 PM, May 10, 2007 
Blogger SandChigger said...

Stange times call for strange decisions? (eye-roll)

Even decisions which fly in the face of millennia of Bene Gesserit prohibition and fear.

Right.

When I first heard this, I thought, "Oh F**K!" Makes no sense whatsoever. But then, neither does bringing back Yueh, for that matter. (And what could be more cruel than bringing back a person as a child and then instilling him with the knowledge of what a bad person he had been? Can anyone say "self-fulfilling prophecy"? Yes, we can, you know we can! Not to mention mistreating him in other ways: if the kid is "sallow", they're obviously not feeding or caring for him properly, right? Cliché, cliché, cliché. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit!)

8:31 PM, May 10, 2007 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[quote]I won't be publishing any direct quotes, but do expect a few salvos over the bow, dear friends.[/quote]

A few salvos 'Chigger? I'd expect several broadsides, after all they are the ones providing you with the ammunition to shoot them with!

Chapter 1 - If it were drugs I'd rather inject my veins with an air bubble (More substance and more humane). You can quote this Orthodox Herbertarian on that.

2:58 AM, May 21, 2007 
Blogger SandChigger said...

Howdy, Edric.

Sorry to hear that it sounds like Nasty Gorus (a spicy dish?) and the Guild Gang do in your namesake in the upcoming novel. ;)

I'd never take a bubble in the vein over this crap...and obviously the authors have no shame and are unlikely to ever do so out of remorse, either.

Anyway, it's more fun to stick around and take potshots! :)

5:55 PM, May 21, 2007 

Post a Comment

<< Home