Hairy Ticks of Dune

There's only room enough in this stillsuit for one of us! ... Wait, come back!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

Tleilax Master B asks in a comment on the last post.

ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO PAY CLOSE TO 200 BUCKS FOR THIS! You must elaborate; what on earth has made you decide to do this?

Nah. Fortunately I came to my senses after an after-dinner nap and someone outbid me again. Somehow I just couldn't bring myself to type "185.00" in the little box.

I mean, if I really want to get my hands on a pile of shit that badly, all I have to do is walk into the toilet and drop 'em in front of ole Mary and start grunting: I can have crap to my heart's content for FREE.

I let it get personal, imagining how funny it would be if it were known in certain quarters that I had a copy months in advance of the actual release, the mayhem I could cause....

But Freak is right. Stirring it up just gives them free publicity. Rather than ranting and raving, our reaction should be more like the one given someone who has farted loudly at a formal dinner party: embarrassed silence and a quick change of topic.

If they are sincere and not just putting on a show while milking the money cow and laughing all the way to the bank...then I really feel sorry for them. I'm starting to wonder if all the defensiveness isn't a manifestation of a realization that what they have produced really is shit, no matter how well it sells and how many people eat it up. THAT would be a hard thing to live with, as Secher Nbiw pointed out. Who knows.

I'm kinda beyond caring at the moment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you wanted to be a real prick, you could scan it and send out pdf's to anyone who wanted it, and reduce overall sales :)

I see some subtle insults and hints dropped on a particular myspace page after this purchase!

I see your angle though; small price to pay to wreak havoc :)

7:42 PM, April 26, 2007 

Post a Comment

<< Home