Hairy Ticks of Dune

There's only room enough in this stillsuit for one of us! ... Wait, come back!

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Boxing Erasmus

Since yesterday was the last official day of spring vacation, I decided to spend it doing nothing but what I wanted to. And ended up playing around with Terragen and Cheetah3D most of the day. Initially, I just wanted to create a realistic looking background for the cover for the new Trannies of Dune (Volume 2...check a bookstore near you!) but ended up getting too ambitious and decided to create a model of Erasmus based on the Sony robot image I used in earlier covers. Here's what I've come up with so far:


It's not an exact recreation of the original (my modeling skills aren't that good yet!) but you get the general idea. I haven't been able to get the texture color to come out exactly right yet (it's yellow, not copper/gold like it should be); the editor can't guarantee WYSIWYG because of the use of the HDR (don't ask) file for the background & lighting. And if you look closely, you'll notice his "heart light" is bleeding through what should be solids. Oh well.

I'll post the images of the finished model if and when it's done.

(And don't worry, I'll eventually get back to Hunters!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The heart light you have there makes it look like youre looking through a thick, windowed wall. I hear you saying its not working the way you want, but it looks to me like one of those thick windows on big fish tanks. Pretty cool, and quite retro.

8:06 PM, April 02, 2007 

Post a Comment

<< Home