Hairy Ticks of Dune

There's only room enough in this stillsuit for one of us! ... Wait, come back!

Monday, March 05, 2007

Alimentary, my dear

I have seen here and there—strewn across the Web like the choice morsels glistening in the grass in the park on mornings when too many pet owners have forgetten their scoopers—the opinion that Hunters of Dune is the best new Dune novel Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson have written yet. I myself am not convinced of this, but would like to offer an analogy for your consideration, Dear Reader:

Due to a bout of gastroenterological distress last week, I have added a bit of fiber (in liquid form, of course) to my diet this, producing a much firmer and tighter stool...altogether a rather satisfying result compared to before. This has not, however, caused me to lose sight of the ultimate nature of what it is I am comparing.

(The attentive will have noticed that I have added a menu link to Kevin's MySpace blog mirror on the Dune Novels website.)

Have anus day!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm browsing on the Sandworms blog (not much to see there)and decided to click on the title hyperlink and look at the covers one more time. As I'm reading the text on the side I notice this little passage:

"As designed by the creative genius of Frank Herbert, the primary story of Hunters and Sandworms is the exotic odyssey of Duncan's no-ship as it is forced to elude the diabolical traps set by the ferocious, unknown Enemy. To strengthen their forces, the fugitives have used genetic technology from Scytale, the last Tleilaxu Master, to revive key figures from Dune's past -- including Paul Muad'Dib and his beloved Chani, Lady Jessica, Stilgar, Thufir Hawat, and even Dr. Wellington Yueh . Each of these characters will use their special talents to meet the challenges thrown at them."

I think its interesting that there is no mention of Leto II or the other newbies--just the same list provided in Chapterhouse. Not even "and other characters yet to be revealed", etc. This implies to me that these additional ghola babies are intended to be a pleasant surprise, a "good thing" (!?!)and they don't want to reveal too much....Lucky us....

5:04 PM, March 05, 2007 
Blogger SandChigger said...

It's hard to tell who even writes this stuff. (Harriet?!) Kevin didn't take credit for the dust jacket blurb, just quoted it. (If he'd written it, I'm sure we'd have heard about it, you know? Boost that count, boast that count!) I kinda suspect some hack at the publisher...who hasn't read either book, is just working from notes handed to them.

Hell of a way to do business, eh?

7:42 PM, March 05, 2007 

Post a Comment

<< Home